The Curly Community:
We re two sisters; 24 and 26 who share a beaming passion for hair of all textures!
Having completely different hair textures made us question the needs that our hair required;
Raised in the western world, there was scarce variety for hair care- You had products for either dry hair, or 'normal' hair, whatever that may be!
Thank goodness times have changed =)
We are here to gather information from all over the world, and share our knowledge to The Curly Community in a convenient, effective and inspiring way.
- Nika, 26 has a looser curl pattern, some tight curls and has fine but dense, low porosity hair. It can take a whole day to air dry and requires a lot of product.
- Her constant battle and focus is trying to maintain a well balanced moisture to protein ratio; as having such fine hair (although a lot of it) can lead to over moisturising.
- Nika’s role in The Curly Community is to gather relevant tips and info, to keep you all in the loop by posting weekly blogs, product reviews and interviews.
- Selina, 24 has tight coily hair, some more kinky areas and has high porosity hair - typically resistant to moisture. As a result, it’s prone to frizz and needs a little extra TLC to retain moisture.
- Her constant battle and focus is keeping her hair hydrated. She will share weekly blogs, products reviews and tips on efficient ways to keep them kinks and coils ‘poppin’.
- Selina’s position in The Curly Community is travelling to find inspiration from Curlies from all over the globe. Watch out for her next visit to Brazil in January 2018!